SELETENS series 9000 is an automatic control system of web tension. The system is suitable for various areas of application where the measurement and control of the tension of winding/unwinding rolls are required. Typical areas of application include tension control of material in motion in printing and converting machines.
The system is designed for continuous operation in hard industrial environments, with features for a quick setting. SELETENS 9000 system consists of a display unit which detects the tension value of the web. The tension reading is obtained by means of:
- load cells (standard cell amplifier inside the operator panel)
- ultrasonic sensor able to read the roll diameter
- potentiometer connected to dancer roller
The controller adjusts the tension with respect to the value set by the operato by means of:
- magnetic powder brake (standard power output inside the operator panel)
- air brake (by means of an integrated E/P transducer converter)
SELETENS 9000 controller can also communicate with a remote computer using a serial or ethernet connection. The unit has a LCD alphanumeric display and a keyboard. The display unit connects to other parts of the system using shielded connecting cables included in the supply.